2016 Toro TRX-16 Walk-Behind Trencher (22972)
Call for Price
Tracks instead of wheels. Simplicity instead of complexity. The new TRX trenchers are the first tracked, dedicated walk-behind trenchers that have it all. Tracks - combined with Toro's exclusive easy-to-use control system - provide unparalleled maneuverability, all while offering the ultimate in operational performance.
- 16 hp (12 kw) Kawasaki® Twin-Cylinder Engine
- Toro exclusive traction control system, similar to Dingo TX and STX stump grinder
- Tracks instead of wheels
- Easy to maneuver
- Track Design: Allows for zero turn capability; Provides a low center of gravity and large footprint; Increased stability on side hills; Eliminates tire ruts and flat tires; Operates in wet & soft ground conditions; Get to the most challenging stumps
- Exclusive Toro TRX Control System: Easy-to-use control system doesn't require jerk-style steering like handle bar trenchers. Three simple controls operate all traction and trenching functions. Simple controls are easy for beginners to learn quickly. Similar to Dingo TX and STX stump grinder.
- Kawasaki Twin-Cylinder Engine: Powerful Kawasaki engines deliver the performance you have come to expect from Toro. The Kawasaki twin-cylinder engine means your trencher will be reliable and easy-to-start. The large oil reservoir maintains a cooler running engine while prolonging engine life.
- Heavy-Duty Remote Air Cleaner: Reduces engine wear and improves performance. Heavy-duty remote air filter standard on TRX-26.
- TRX Pivoting Trencher Head: Pivoting head provides high ground clearance during transport.
- Engine: 16 hp (12 kW) Kawasaki® FS481V, V-Twin
- Engine Oil Capacity: 1.8 qt. (1.7 L)
- Flow: 10 gpm (38 LPM) auxiliary. 9.5 gpm (36 LPM) each traction circuit
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal. (7.9 L)
- Headshaft Speed: 226 rpm w/385 ft./lb. (522 N) of torque
- Hour Meter: Standard
- Hydraulic Oil Capacity: 6.3 gal. (23.8 L)
- Hydraulic System Pressure: 2900 psi (200 BAR)
- Pivoting Trencher Head: Provides high ground clearance during transport
- Track: 5.9 in. (15 cm) wide - endless nylon reinforced rubber track
- Transport Speed: 3.1 mph (5 km/h) fwd, 1.5 mph (2.4 km/h) rev. 273 ft./min (83 m/min)/ 132/ft/min (40 m/min)
- Wheelbase: 23 in. (58 cm)
- Chains: 4" (10.2 cm), 6" (15.2 cm) and 8" (20.3 cm)* chain widths available: Soil & Cup Chains; Rock & Cup Combo Chains; Shark (Rock) Chains (4" and 6" only); Bullet (Alligator) Chains (4" and 6" only); *Only available for TRX-26
- Bore Drive Head: Easily bore under driveways and sidewalks to simplify irrigation and cable installations. Design allows for boring unit to be lowered into the trench to aide in level operation.
- Backfill Blade: Installed in less than a minute without tools to allow TRX to complete trenching job. Cut job time and labor by using the TRX to backfill the open trench efficiently.
- Custom Trailer: Easy to load on any trailer, including Toro's custom TRX trailer with an easy-to-use, built-in securing system. No need for straps or tie-downs. Tailgate design is safer and makes it easier to load than tilt-bed trailers. Trailer features highway rated tires.
- Trencher Boom: 24", 36" or 48" reversible booms available
- Trencher Crumber: The Toro crumber is designed specifically to make the trench bottom clean and smooth. The crumber follows behind the chain to clean all "crumbs" from the bottom of the trench. The hardened tip of the crumber pulls any loose material back into the chain teeth.
- Trenching Speed
- 226 rpm w/385 ft./lb. (522 N) of torque